• The IAS is an affiliated organization to The Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC), Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
• The Ministerial Standing Committee on Scientific and Technological Cooperation of the OIC (COMSTECH), Pakistan. COMSTECH has been a regular supporter of the IAS ever since the IAS was launched in 1986.
The IAS is a member in the following organizations:
• International Union of Academies (IUA), Belgium.
• InterAcademy Partnership on International Issues (IAP), Trieste, Italy.
• InterAcademy Medical Panel (IAMP), Trieste, Italy.
• The International Science Council (ISC), France. The IAS joined the ISC as an Affiliated Member, 2021
IAS signed memorandums of understanding with the following Organizations:
- The Islamic Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (ISESCO), 1989.
- Ihlas Gazetecilik Holding, 1993.
- The Royal Scientific Society (RSS), 1993.
- The World Academy of Sciences (TWAS), 1994.
- Pakistan Academy of Sciences (PAS), 1995.
- OICnetworks Sdn Bhd, 2002.
- The National Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Kazakhstan, 2002
- The Korean Academy of Science and Technology (KAST), 2005
- Future University Khartoum (FU), 2012.
- The Turkish Academy of Sciences (TUBA), 2017.
- the Association of Agricultural Research Institutions in the Near East & North Africa (AARINENA), 2020.
- The Higher Council for Science and Technology (HCST), Jordan, 2021.
- The Islamic Organization for Food Security (IOFS), 2022.
- Building Bridges Association, 2023.
The Academy maintains a tradition of nominating IAS Fellows and other eminent Muslim scientists to prestigious international awards that are presented by governments and institutions throughout the world.