- Science Institutionalization in Early Islam: Bayt Al-Hikma of Baghdad as a Model of an Academy of Sciences
Science Institutionalization in Early Islam:
“Bayt al-Hikma of Baghdad as a Model of an Academy of Sciences”
Moneef Rafe’ Zou’bi and Mohd Hazim Shah
Science institutions have ...
- Prof. Jackie Ying FIAS receives 2018 Turkish Academy of Sciences Prize
Singapore, December 27, 2018 – Professor Jackie Y. Ying who heads A*STAR’s NanoBio Lab in Singapore has won the 2018 Turkish Academy of Sciences (TÜBA) Academy Prize in Science and Engineering Sciences. This award recognizes her pioneering work in the synthesis of ...
- Prof. Mohamed H A Hassan FIAS elected TWAS President
As the founding executive director of TWAS, Mohamed Hassan helped to build the Academy into a global voice for science in the developing world. Now he will return as its president, seeking to guide it to new achievements.
Mohamed H A Hassan, a ...
- Pakistan and Egypt had highest rise in research output in 2018
Global production of scientific papers hit an all-time high this year, estimates show, with emerging economies rising fastest.
Emerging economies showed some of the largest increases in research output in 2018, according to estimates from the publishing-services ...
- Season’s Greetings
- Daniel Turnberg Travel Fellowship Scheme