- Prince Hassan receives Honorary Doctorate in Land, Water and Environment Management June 9, 2015
ZARQA — HRH Prince Hassan on Monday received an honorary doctorate of philosophy in land, water and environment management from the Hashemite University in recognition of his efforts to build bridges in this field between world countries in this field based on mutual respect.
Hashemite University President Kamal Bani Hani presented the doctorate and the university plaque to the prince at the ceremony, attended ...
- Prof. Ameenah Gurib-Fakim FIAS has become Mauritius’s first female president, the third on the African continent June 8, 2015
Port Louis – Prominent scientist Ameenah Gurib-Fakim was on Thursday approved by the parliament of Mauritius as the Indian Ocean island nation’s new president, making her the first woman to hold the ceremonial position.
Parliament speaker Maya Hanoomanjee, who is also the first woman to hold that post, said the overwhelming approval of Gurib-Fakim’s designation was an historic day for the country. The opposition ...
- Prof. Omar Yaghi/ Winner of the 2015 KEIP Prize for Science May 20, 2015
- The late Prof. Uğur Dilmen FIAS (Turkey) May 10, 2015
It is with a sense of sadness and sorrow that the President and the Director General of the Islamic World Academy of Sciences (IAS) in Amman, Jordan; announce the passing away of the eminent Turkish scientist/ doctor of medicine: Prof. Uğur Dilmen, Fellow of the Islamic World Academy of Sciences, Executive Editor/ Medical Journal of IAS.
Prof. Dilmen passed away on 7 May 2015. He was 60.
Dilmen obtained his MD from Hacettepe University ...
- April 23, 2015
- What is new in 2014 and 2015? Ş. ÖZSOYLU, F.E. CANPOLAT, F. CANPOLAT
- Editorial Ş. ÖZSOYLU
- Original Article / Plastic Surgery Upper Lip Reconstructions in Acquired Defects Excluding Melanocytic Nevi and Vascular Tumors M. O. YENİDÜNYA
- Original Article / Endocrinology-Medicine-Immunology The Role of Autoantibody and Antioxidant Enzymes in Patients with Type I Diabetes N. K. MAHDI, H.I. AL-ABADI, I.M. AL-NAAMA, J.K. MAHDI, M. ALAWY
- Original Article / Hematology-Coagulation The Comparison of the Coagulation Factors in ...
- Task Force on Islam’s Response to Science’s Big Questions February 10, 2015
Leading Muslim Scholars take on Big Questions at the intersection of Science, Faith, and Modernity
Istanbul, February 12, 2015 – By resolving the perceived conflict between Muslim faith and Science, the Muslim world can embark upon a new scientific awakening or renaissance, proposed a group of scholars – scientists, historians, and theologians – meeting to discuss Big Questions at the intersection of Islam and Science. The scholars put forth new ...
- Some Outstanding Women in STEM of the Islamic World in 2014 January 12, 2015
January 7th, 2015 | by MuslimScience
Last January, Muslim-Science.Com recognized the Top-20 Most Influential Women in Science in the Islamic World. This year, we recognize the achievements of Women who made ground breaking discoveries, broke glass ceilings, and won international honours last year. 3 of these 5 five women were honoraries last year as well and they went on to achieve great ...
- From Science to Science Policy – One Man’s Passionate Journey: A Biography-cum-memoir of Tan Sri Datuk Dr. Omar Abdul Rahman FIAS January 5, 2015
Many may not realize that there was a man behind the scene who was actively bouncing ideas with me on the various STI initiatives which have now become reality. Tan Sri Omar Abdul Rahman was that man who helped create the many insturments and institution of STI which formed the key ecosystem for scientific innovation in the country. I knew him as a man of not so many words, but ...