- Daniel Turnberg Travel Fellowship Scheme
- The World as 100 People
- Missing Nobel Women Scientists: A Journey of Bias in Time
Since 1901 to date, there are 935 Nobel Prize recipients, but only 52 are women. The proportion of Nobels awarded to women in the sciences (20/607 in Physics, Chemistry and Medicine; PCM) is more unequal than in other categories (32/328 in Economics, Peace, and Literature; EPL).
This October, like any other, the world celebrated the addition of 8 science Nobel laureates (including 2 women), the highly acclaimed distinction accorded to individuals for making breakthroughs in their fields. This year, there was a welcome change when a Nobel was awarded to Donna Strickland, the first woman to receive the Nobel in physics for the first time since 1963, and Frances Arnold, the first woman to receive the Nobel in chemistry since 2009.By Vijendra Agarwal
- IAS Medical Journal, Volume 26 Issue 3, 2018 is now available online
The current issue of the IAS Medical Journal, Volume 26 Issue 3, 2018 is now available online through:
- IAS Founding Patron visits IAS HQ
On Monday 8 October 2018, HRH Prince Hassan bin Talal, Founding Patron of the IAS, visited the IAS headquarters. HRH was received by Prof. Adnan Badran Treasurer FIAS, Prof. Mohammad Hamdan FIAS, Prof. Shaher Momani FIAS ...
- IAS Fellow, and Former Science Adviser to PM Dr Zakri Abdul Hamid wins Biodiversity Prize
The two other winners ...