Prof. Zabta Khan Shinwari is Fellow and Council Member of the Pakistan Academy of Sciences; Treasurer, AASSA; tenured Prof. Biotechnology, Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad; President; National Council for Tibb and Vice Chancellor of Qarshi University, Lahore.
His fields of specialization are Bioethics, Dual Use Education, Sustainable Development, Molecular Systematics and Biotechnology. He delivered 240 national and international lectures, grants/funds, secured/collaborated on 25 different occasions, and is a member of 55 national and international scientific bodies.
- Research Associate, Pakistan Museum of Natural History, Islamabad; February, 1985 to August, 1995.
- Senior Scientific Officer/Project Incharge, National Herbarium, NARC, Islamabad; August, 1995 to January, 2001.
- Technical Coordinator, Applied Ethnobotany Project, WWF-Pakistan; January, 2001.
- Programme Leader, COMSTECH-PTCL Frontier Technologies Research Center (CPC), February 27, 2003 to 2004.
- Vice Chancellor, Kohat University Science and Technology (KUST), NWFP-Pakistan: 08, 2004 to September 07, 2006.
- Vice Chancellor/Project Director, University of Science and Technology, Bannu (US&TB), NWFP-Pakistan; May 09, 2005 to 16th, 2006.
- Chief Executive Qarshi Research International/ Vice Chancellor/Project Director, Qarshi, University Lahore; September 09 2006 to February 6 2009.
- Professor, Department of Plant Sciences, Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad; February 7 2009 to July 23 2010; Tenured Professor & Chairman Department of Biotechnology, Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad; July 24 2010 to 4th March 2018; Vice Chancellor/Project Director, Qarshi, University Lahore; March 5th to date.
|Book Published (international publishers):||9|
|International proceedings published:||10|
|Chapter published by International Publishers||01|
|Articles published in international journals/ impact factor:||285|
|Articles published in national journals:||55|
|Graduation Thesis and Reports:||7|
|Urdu booklet & documentary film produced||1+1|
Citation (Google Scholar): >6506;
Impact Factor >505
Research Supervised: PhD 12; M. Phil 72.
SEQUENCE DATA OF GENES SEQUENCE DATA OF GENES REPORTED= (413)
Science & Diplomacy TV talk shows: 30
- Elected Fellow of Pakistan Academy of Sciences in 2008.
- Got National Civil Awarded, “Tamgha-e-Imtiaz” 2011.
- Best University Teacher Award, 2011 (Higher Education Commission-Pakistan).
- Declared number one biologist by PCST in 2014 & 2015, got Research Productivity Award in Category “A”.
- Secretary General, Pakistan Academy of Sciences (2015-2017).
- UNESCO Laureate (Avicenna Gold Medalist 2015).
- Member of the World Commission of Ethics in Science & Technology (COMEST).
- Elected Fellow of the Islamic World Academy of Sciences in 2016.