News, op-eds and more…
- IAS Medical Journal, Volume 26 Issue 3, 2018 is now available online
The current issue of the IAS Medical Journal, Volume 26 Issue 3, 2018 is now available online through:
- IAS Founding Patron visits IAS HQ
- IAS Fellow, and Former Science Adviser to PM Dr Zakri Abdul Hamid wins Biodiversity Prize
- Use of Evolution to Design Molecules Nets Nobel Prize in Chemistry for 3 Scientists
Three scientists shared this year’s Nobel Prize in Chemistry for tapping the power of evolutionary biology to design molecules with a range of practical uses.
Those include new drugs, more efficient and less toxic reactions in the manufacture of chemicals and plant-derived fuels to replace oil, gas and coal extracted from the ground.
Half of the prize and the accompanying $1 million, announced on Wednesday in Stockholm, went to Frances H. Arnold, a professor of chemical engineering at the California Institute of Technology. She is only the fifth woman to win a chemistry Nobel and the first since 2009.
The other half of the prize is shared by George P. Smith, an emeritus professor of biological sciences at the University of Missouri, and Gregory P. Winter, a biochemist at the M.R.C. Laboratory of Molecular Biology in England.
- The Nobel Prize in Physics 2018 – Tools made of light
The inventions being honoured this year have revolutionised laser physics. Extremely small objects and incredibly rapid processes are now being seen in a new light. Advanced precision instruments are opening up unexplored areas of research and a multitude of industrial and medical applications.
- 2018 Nobel Prize for Medicine goes to James P. Allison and Tasuku Honjo
- HRH Princess Sumaya bint El Hassan joins the AETDEW as an Honorary Fellow
- IAS Vice President Dr N M Butt honoured
IAS Vice President Dr N.M.Butt, was honoured as Notable Alumnus- Physics of the University of Birmingham, UK out of a total of 24 Alumni of Physics listed over a period of 118 years since the establishment of the University in 1900.
Dr. N. ...
- PISA Worldwide Ranking – average score of math, science and reading for some OIC Countries
Source: Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), 2015-2016
The Program for International Student Assessment (PISA) is a ...