Science, Technology and Innovation for Global Peace and Prosperity
8-11 October 2017
The Islamic World Academy of Sciences (IAS) convened its 21st international science conference in Konya, Turkey, during 8-11 October 2017. The theme of the conference was ‘Science, Technology and Innovation for Global Peace and Prosperity.’
Held at the Dedeman Hotel in Konya, the IAS Conference was an open activity in which over 120 local and international participants representing over 30 countries participated. Among the participants were Fellows of the IAS, local scientists from the various universities, young university students, expatriate Turkish scientists as well as representatives of Asian, African and Western academies of sciences. Prior to the conference, the 21st meeting of the General Assembly of the IAS as well as the 40th meeting of the IAS Council were convened.
The 21st IAS Conference was organised and sponsored by:
- Islamic World Academy of Sciences (IAS), Amman, Jordan;
- Turkish Academy of Sciences (TÜBA), Ankara, Turkey; and
- Necmettin Erbakan University, Konya, Turkey.
It was co-sponsored by:
- Arab Fund for Social and Economic Development (AFSED), Kuwait, Kuwait;
- Economic Cooperation Organization Science Foundation (ECOSF), Islamabad, Pakistan;
- Islamic Development Bank (IDB), Jeddah, Saudi Arabia;
- OIC Standing Ministerial Committee on Scientific and Technological Co-operation (COMSTECH), Islamabad, Pakistan; and
- Arab Potash Company, Amman, Jordan.
The conference addressed a number of key issues in the domain of science, technology and innovation (STI) for peace and prosperity.