COMSTECH International Workshop on “Nanosciences: Education and its Industrial Applications”
December 13-15, 2016
Venue: COMSTECH Secretariat, 33-Constitution Avenue, G-5/2, Islamabad.
Application Deadline: October 30, 2016
Nanotechnology, with its wide applications in many areas of science, industry and society, such as pharmaceuticals, electronics, defense, energy, food, agriculture, oil, and gas etc., is one of the fast developing technologies. Use of nanoscale (sizes of atoms & molecules) materials greatly enhances the performance and efficiency of industrial products. Since, properly trained human resource is the backbone of economic growth, the OIC member countries need to pay particular attention to nanotechnology in order to improve the performance of its industrial sector.
There is a dire need to train and develop human resource in the field of nanotechnology for getting maximum benefit from the opportunities offered by this recently emerged field of science & technology. COMSTECH is offering a three-day international workshop on“Nanosciences: Education and its Industrial Applications” to provide a platform for scientists, industrialists and policy makers to deliberate on the importance of education in nanosciences and the applications of nanotechnology in various fields.
- Industrial Professionals
- Policy Makers
Objectives of the Workshop:
- Overview of Recent Developments in Nanotechnology and their Applications including Challenges and Opportunities for Deployments
- Improving Education and Safety Guidelines for Nanosciences
- Enhancing Collaboration within OIC Industrialists and with Research and Technology Centres Outside the OIC
- Increasing Awareness of Nanoeducation at School and College Levels
- Interdisciplinary Education and Research in Nanosciences at University Level
- Synthesis and Characterization of Nanostructures
- Nanoscience and Nanotechnology in the Health Sectors – Potentials and Risks
- Industrial Applications of Nanotechnology