News, op-eds and more…
- Memorable Lectures
George Saliba – IAS Conferance 2011
- Prof. Salim Yusuf FIAS (Canada) close to 300,000 Google Citations
Prof. Salim Yusuf, IAS Fellow from Canada, is a distinguished University Professor of Medicine, and Executive Director of the Population Health Research Institute, McMaster University and Chief Scientist, Hamilton Health Sciences. Immediate Past President of the World ...
- Prof. Ameenah Gurib FIAS is the 2019 IAS-COMSTECH Ibrahim Memorial Award Laureate
The IAS Council has recently elected Professor Ameenah Gurib-Fakim FIAS (Mauritius), Managing Director of the Centre International de Développement Pharmaceutique (CIDP) Research and Innovation, as the Laureate of the IAS-COMSTECH ...
- Pain and anguish at the heinous attacks in New Zealand
A Statement by HRH Prince El Hassan bin Talal
following the terrorist attacks in New Zealand, March 15th 2019
Words cannot express adequately the pain and anguish I feel at the heinous attacks in New Zealand. I ...
- Atta-ur-Rahman FIAS to head a Science and Technology Task Force in Pakistan
The government has now approved the proposed task force on science and
technology. The notification lists the names of all the people who will be on
the task force.
Dr. Atta-ur-Rahman, Former Minister of Science & Technology, Former
- Southeast Asia’s Best Universities 2019
- Towards an Optimal Governance System for STI
Tan Sri Prof. Omar Abdul Rahman FIAS
There is a lively renewed discussion among the scientific community in Malaysia for the establishment of a Parliamentary Select or Standing Committee on Science, ...
- Science Institutionalization in Early Islam: Bayt Al-Hikma of Baghdad as a Model of an Academy of Sciences
Science Institutionalization in Early Islam:
“Bayt al-Hikma of Baghdad as a Model of an Academy of Sciences”
Moneef Rafe’ Zou’bi and Mohd Hazim Shah
Science institutions have ...
- Prof. Jackie Ying FIAS receives 2018 Turkish Academy of Sciences Prize
Singapore, December 27, 2018 – Professor Jackie Y. Ying who heads A*STAR’s NanoBio Lab in Singapore has won the 2018 Turkish Academy of Sciences (TÜBA) Academy Prize in Science and Engineering Sciences. This award recognizes her pioneering work in the synthesis of ...