- The Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2016 – They developed the world’s smallest machines
The Nobel Prize in Chemistry
A tiny lift, artificial muscles and miniscule motors. The Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2016 is awarded to Jean-Pierre Sauvage, Sir J. Fraser Stoddart and Bernard L. Feringa for their design and production of molecular machines. They have developed molecules with controllable movements, ...
- The Nobel Prize in Physics 2016 – They revealed the secrets of exotic matter
The Nobel Prize in Physics
This year’s Laureates opened the door on an unknown world where matter can assume strange states. They have used advanced mathematical methods to study unusual phases, or states, of matter, such as superconductors, superfluids or thin magnetic films. Thanks to their pioneering ...
- “Nanosciences: Education and its Industrial Applications”
COMSTECH International Workshop on “Nanosciences: Education and its Industrial Applications”
December 13-15, 2016
Venue: COMSTECH Secretariat, 33-Constitution Avenue, G-5/2, Islamabad.
Application Deadline: October 30, 2016
Nanotechnology, with its wide applications in many areas of science, industry and society, such as pharmaceuticals, electronics, defense, energy, food, ...
- 67th Lindau Nobel Laureate Meeting dedicated to Chemistry, 25-30 June 2017: Applicants Invited
Interaction with Nobel Laureates in Lindau, Germany
67th Meeting on Chemistry, 25-30 June, 2017
6th Meeting on Economic Sciences, 22-26 August 2017
A unique opportunity for talented young graduates, master and doctoral students and postdoctoral young scientists in the field of Chemistry and Economic Sciences to ...
- THE LATE PROF. SYED QASIM MEHDI FIAS (PAKISTAN)
It is with a sense of sadness and sorrow that the President and the Director General of the Islamic World Academy of Sciences (IAS) in Amman, Jordan; announce the passing away of the eminent Pakistani scientist: Prof. Syed Qasim Mehdi (Pakistan), Fellow of the Islamic ...
- IAS: Back in time; 8th IAS Conference, Water in the Islamic World: An Imminent Crisis, Khartoum, Sudan, 1994.
Eighth international conference in Khartoum (Sudan) in December 1994. The conference, entitled, Water in the Islamic World: An Imminent Crisis, was held under the patronage of the President of Sudan.
The conference aimed to assess the water security situation in the Islamic world ...